Future Patterns: Thinking Practical

Let's see, I've accumulated a good amount of patterns and fabric so far. Don't get me wrong, I don't have as many as some, but it's getting to the point where I'm accumulating faster than I can sew and I'm not a fan of this! It's starting to make me feel unproductive. I feel like I can't help it, and that it'll all work itself out because I'll eventually make stuff from them.

I've started to think about basics I'd like to have in my sewn wardrobe, and shorts and t-shirts are two of the things I thought of right away. During the summer, on a lazy day, I like wearing shorts as I lounge around the house. So then I happen to see this Kwik Sew pattern posted on Sew L.A.'s Facebook page, and I love it!  Sailor shorts with buttons, so cute :) I even like the tee she's wearing.

Kwik Sew 3854

Right now I just need to stay focused on a few projects and not be distracted by the possibilities of new ones :) Shorts weather isn't exactly around the corner, so there's time to wait. Um, I think...

Of course, that doesn't count skirt patterns because I just ordered the new Crescent Skirt from Sewaholic Patterns. Oh, those pre-sale deals! It counts as a practical buy in my opinion, and it works well with quilting fabric so there's an opportunity for me to start de-stashing! (Never mind the fact I just bought a retro print specifically for this pattern. It reminded me of a historic district of mid-century homes I worked on out in L.A. so I just couldn't resist!)


Have a happy St. Patrick's Day! Don't get pinched, okay?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "What's Outside of Pleasantville?" Dress

Cat Got Your Sewing?

The Traveling Beignet (and a Hat!)