Male Pattern Boldness Week!

So, over the summer I blogged that I went to Male Pattern Boldness Day and had a grand old time (and bought fabric I still haven't made into anything), but I've also had a Male Pattern Boldness Week of sorts!

The nice thing about being back in the city is you can go to fun events at the drop of a hat. And so it was that my cousin and I went to see Peter and Michael perform in Michael's "Noah's Very Unusual Insight" last Friday in the West Village. We had a great time!

We chatted with Peter a bit after his run as Dr. Lorna Gallo, and here I am feeling like a groupie:


Before this photo was taken, Peter mentioned he was looking to sell his beloved Pfaff 30 due to a lack of space in his apartment, and my cousin Kimberly was very much interested. I would have been too, but I don't have the space, either!

This led us to yesterday, when Kimberly and I went over to Peter's to take a look at the machine (check out Peter's post for the evidence!). It's definitely a beauty and a real workhouse, and I can see why Peter was so sad to let it go. It came in a great little table too (don't you wish modern machines came in these kinds of quality wood tables??).

Testing the machine on a leftover piece of
the leopard print pants fabric!
I think the funniest part of the evening was Peter's dog barking away at us almost non-stop. I'd like to think he was eagerly trying to protect the sewing machine from danger, like "You can't take the Pfaff 30, lady, that's top dollar material right there!" ;)

And that's about it, a great week. Oh, and Patty Playpal really is as big as Peter says!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "What's Outside of Pleasantville?" Dress

Colette Oolong: The Sydney Harbour Dress

Cat Got Your Sewing?