Sewing Through the Decades -- Joining In!

Better late than never! I've decided to join in on the Sewing Through the Decades fun, a challenge that Sarah from Rhinestones & Telephones and Debi from My Happy Sewing Place started way back in January. The idea is to pick patterns from a range of years (whether in consecutive order or across several decades) and sew each one at your own pace with no deadlines to worry about.


While late in the game, I thought it would be a fun project as I get myself back into sewing. And since scheduled sew-alongs don't seem to be my forté this will be a nice no-pressure way of joining in on a community challenge! 

...The Challenge...
So, for my Sewing Through the Decades challenge, I plan to sew the 7 patterns I own from the Decades of Style Pattern Company. I bought 5 of these at a trunk show in Los Angeles a couple of years ago (can't resist discounted prices!) and am looking forward to finally sewing them up. The 1930s-50s patterns were some of the first patterns I ever bought.

I'm going to use fabric from my stash as much as possible, and because I really haven't had a chance to sew this year there will likely be spring and summer fabrics in the mix (that would probably happen regardless though). I do like the idea of sewing up a collection of company patterns; I liked them enough to buy them so I should like them enough to make them!

Here is my illustrated list of planned projects. As I finish each item I'll come back to this post and link each one below to their respective blog post!


1910s -- Decades of Style Foxtrot Bag (1917)

FINISHED! 1920s -- Decades of Style Kimono Robe
1930s -- Decades of Style Butterfly Blouse
(also coincidentally happens to be the challenge logo!)

1940s -- Decades of Style Housedress (1944)

1940s -- Decades of Style Siren Sundress (1948)

1940s -- Decades of Style Empire Waist Trousers
(but with lowered waistline, as I did here)

1950s -- Decades of Style Collar Confection Blouse

I'm going to try making one of these per month, starting in October. Yeah...we'll see how that goes, it's a goal at least! I do know for a fact I've started prep work on the Siren Sundress, so yay! I'll also be tackling other projects, including ones from sew-alongs I started and never finished. Two of these patterns were part of the Colette Spring Challenge so that's a 2-for-1 deal right there!

Anyone else doing this challenge? Or some other one?! Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "What's Outside of Pleasantville?" Dress

The Traveling Beignet (and a Hat!)

Colette Oolong: The Sydney Harbour Dress