Good Grief!

So busy with work and other things this past week I haven't really been able to work on anything sewing related.  Very sad times indeed!  I was hoping to cut out my fashion fabric (a sand wool crepe, feels so nice) for The Cupcake Goddess' Trouser Sew-Along, but I'm only just making corrections to my 2nd muslin.  At least those aren't too complex and I hope to be cutting out my fashion fabric by this weekend.  I saw this movie, Easy Virtue, a couple months ago and Jessica Biel's trousers have been good inspiration as I work on mine!  Sunni put this up on her blog as inspiration too.  Mine are from the '40s, but hey, a wide leg's a wide leg!

Jessica Biel in '20s wide-leg trousers in the movie, Easy Virtue (2008)

I'm also shortening the bodice on my 1940s Swing Dress as part of Casey's Sew-Along. Knowing how busy work and life was going to be over the next however many months I planned these sew-alongs to go with my color palette for the CP spring wardrobe challenge. Better to combine things than get discouraged and finish nothing at all, I say!

This post was not very exciting, but there you have it.  Maybe I felt the need to write it because every time I comment on someone else's blog the "Comment Luv" app keeps showing the same post title.  Needed to change that.  On another note, that app is really cool - you find so many cool posts that way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "What's Outside of Pleasantville?" Dress

The Traveling Beignet (and a Hat!)

Colette Oolong: The Sydney Harbour Dress