New Trinkets and Fabrics

Our trip to Florida last week included a stop at the Japan Pavilion at Epcot in Disney World, and there I found some fun cotton fabrics to take home with me! They're not fat quarters but they're sold in small amounts. I had no idea you could buy fabric in Disney. 


I should say, the bottom 3 fabrics are from Epcot and the top brown one is from Sew L.A. Fabric. I said I wasn't going to buy more fabric until I completed 5 projects, which I haven't, but I can't actually make a garment from these so I'll give myself a pass (and I was on vacation!). 

The brown fabric is "Playing with Horses" by Heather Ross for Kokka, part of the Far, Far Away III Collection. Little children playing with toy horses, how cute! The red and white fish fabric in the center is soooooooo soft. These two fabrics will turn into gifts for a little girl. Also, it's become quite obvious that I love blues and reds, even the blog uses those colors!


I also bought this pretty sunglasses case at the Japan Pavilion. I love that store, the Mitsukoshi Department Store to be exact. The case was an early Christmas present from my aunt, and it goes nicely with the wallet I already have.

..."For a Feminine Height That's Fashion Right"...
In non-Disney news, I recently won this nifty Orco pin-it skirt marker off eBay! Super excited about this one, I've already put it to good use. I first heard about it through Sunni's blog, A Fashionable Stitch, and she made a good point of going for the (A) pin version rather than the chalk version and (B) the mini skirt length rather than the regular length. Her marker is a Singer but they look identical except for the label on the metal base.

Chilling next to my future projects queue, the hem
marker comes with a built-in pincushion!
I'm pretty sure I'll never make a mini skirt, but the nice thing about this one is that it also covers above-knee hems. It seems like earlier hem markers are suited more for tea length dresses, as was the style of the day. That won't be a typical length for me so I'm happy Sunni pointed that out, as I wouldn't have thought about it otherwise. See her cool "action" photos of how this thing works!

Check out that hair!
Apparently mine has never been used, so someone packaged it 40 years ago just for me ;) The nice thing is the little piece of cardboard and rubber band to hold the metal clamp in place is still there so I can keep it from hanging out when not in use.

Do you have one of these? It's good stuff, I tell ya!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "What's Outside of Pleasantville?" Dress

The Traveling Beignet (and a Hat!)

Colette Oolong: The Sydney Harbour Dress